Thursday, September 18, 2014

Costco & Capital One Mastercard

A couple of weeks ago I saw an advertisement for an American Express card offering 1.25% cash return, which is not bad.  Especially since I shop at Costco and it only takes American Express and the True Earnings card I have with Costco is not as good for rewards.  In my research for this card, I read that Coscto has stopped advertising the True Earnings card.  Seems like everyone thought something is up, confirmed by today's news.

Costco is going to stop accepting American Express card after December 31.  Instead they will be offering a Capital One card and start accepting Mastercard.  This is great news to me.  Because I have the Smart Cash card and the Capital One Aspire travel card which both give me better rewards from my Amex card.

0 comments: